“IN SEARCH OF ISRAELI CUISINE” –
FOOD AND SUSTAINABILITY IN THE NORTH
Our signature culinary trip was inspired by the film In Search of Israeli Cuisine, and organized by Via Sabra’s Roslyn Roucher (who was on our 1st Israel Ride!). Ros helped organize such a successful tour in 2017, we’re thrilled to be using Via Sabra again this year.
Eat your way through the country while exploring, “What is Israeli Cuisine?”
Sun Oct 30th, 9AM pickup at Ramada hotel in Jerusalem; return to Ramada Mon night, Oct 31st.
1 - Sunday ( October 30 ) : The Land of Milk and Honeyv
Meet at the Ramada Hotel in Jerusalem - Located on VIlnay St, Ruppin Bridge.
Neot Kedumim - Neot Kedumim is the Biblical Landscape Reserve in Israel which is a unique endeavor to re-create the physical setting of the Bible in all its depth and detail. Travel through and taste some of the Seven Species which are some of the building blocks in the story of Israeli Cuisine.
Havat Derech Hatavlinim - At a rural spice store, explore the wide range of spices used in Israeli food with a hands-on workshop.
Lunch - Relish in the local tastes of a boutique dairy making quality sheep and goat cheeses.
Kamah Organic Farm - This organic farm is an employment and educational program for youth who are not part of the formal education system. Hear not only about their farming systems, but also about their world vision and how they believe they are doing their part.
Check into the hotel
Galilean Feast celebrating Olives - Chef's dinner in the private home of Chef Gadi Elias
Pastoral - Kfar Blum Hotel
2 - Monday ( October 31 ) : The Culinary Mosaic of the Galileev
Sunrise visit to the Hula Valley - The Hula valley sits in part of the northern Syrian African Rift Valley which stretches as far south as Mozambique in Africa. During every migration season over 500 million birds travel through the Hula Lake. This wetland paradise is the perfect stopover for small waterfalls, cormorants, heron, pelicans, raptors, storks, and cranes.
Return for breakfast at the hotel
Short hike on the Israel National Trail - The Israel trail traverses the length of Israel and was established as a National Trail in 1995.
Drive to Akko
Akko Market tour and cooking workshop - At Beit Elfarasha meet the true gems of the city, the local women. This program empowers women of Akko through cooking workshops and gives visitors to the Old City of Akko.
Drive to Haifa to meet the people at Robin Food - Robin Food is an Israeli NGO changing the story of food waste. The organization hosts lectures and workshops and has launched a food-sharing app. Robin Food ran the first social restaurant in Israel based on rescuing fruits and vegetables that would otherwise be wasted. The produce is transformed into delicious meals by the chef and team of amazing volunteers.
Wine tasting Dadah Winery - Founded in 2007 out of a passion for wine, but primarily out of a great love and appreciation of the first winemaker: Grandmother Dadah, who 120 years ago was already earning her living by making wine in Morocco.
Return to Ramada Hotel Jerusalem
What are my transportation options from the airport?v
Will our tour include free time?v
How do I know if this tour is suitable for me specifically?v
What is the situation with regard to COVID-19 in Israel?v
- Health Insurance It is a condition of your booking through Via Sabra / Israel4All, as well as the State of Israel, that you obtain travel health insurance which includes coverage for COVID-19. Please note that you may be denied boarding of your flight to Israel if you cannot show proof of this when you check in for your flight.
- Travel Insurance In addition, we strongly recommend that you purchase full travel insurance which includes coverage for ‘cancellation under any circumstances and for any reason’. It is recommended to purchase insurance as soon as the booking is made, as this coverage is often dependent on purchasing as close to the time of booking. You can purchase travel insurance through our partner, Travel Insured, an experienced company and one of the largest in the industry, through this link.
Terms of Payment
Deposit is due immediately to secure the booking.
Balance for the trip is due no later than 45 days prior to first day of trip.
Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions here.
Bookings can be cancelled within 48 hours, with a full refund.
Should it be necessary to cancel or postpone the tour due to force majeure circumstances, or Israeli government-imposed/air flight restrictions related to COVID-19, a full refund may be possible, minus a $200 per person service fee.
For cancellations made:
- Up to 45 days prior to departure, any payments made above the deposit towards the tour will be refunded. The deposit is non-refundable
- 45 to 30 days prior to departure, 50% of the total tour cost per person will be refunded
- 29 to 8 days prior to departure, 25% of the total tour cost per person will be refunded
- 7 to 0 days prior to departure, the client will incur 100% of the cost of the tour
Should members of a group booking cancel their participation, their deposits cannot be applied to the balance payment of other group members.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing.