On this incredible day tour - we will combine the historic site of Masada with its impressive Herodian remains and dramatic story, with the leisure and of tranquility of the Dead Sea - the Lowest Place on Earth.
Your guide will meet you at the Ashdod port
Masada National Park - Atop a lone rock cliff at the western end of the Judean Desert lies Masada, combining natural beauty and deep meaning. Ascend by cable car or hiking up and tour King Herod’s private fortress which, following the destruction of the Jerusalem Temple in 70 BC, became a base for a small band of Jewish zealots in revolt against the Romans. Although the rebels held their own, they were eventually overcome by siege, and according to historian Josephus, chose mass suicide over surrender. Masada has come to symbolize the fierce determination of the people of Israel, but its tragic history also raises questions about the price of freedom.
Dead Sea Resort for swim and lunch - At 1,300 feet below sea level, the Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth. Known in Hebrew as "The Sea of Salt", it is also one of the saltiest lake in the world - with about 34.2% salinity. Venture into the waters for a “float”. Lather yourself in the mineral mud and return glowing at the end of the day.
Return to the ship at Ashdod Port
What is the situation with regard to COVID-19 in Israel?v
- Health Insurance It is a condition of your booking through Via Sabra / Israel4All, as well as the State of Israel, that you obtain travel health insurance which includes coverage for COVID-19. Please note that you may be denied boarding of your flight to Israel if you cannot show proof of this when you check in for your flight.
- Travel Insurance In addition, we strongly recommend that you purchase full travel insurance which includes coverage for ‘cancellation under any circumstances and for any reason’. It is recommended to purchase insurance as soon as the booking is made, as this coverage is often dependent on purchasing as close to the time of booking. You can purchase travel insurance through our partner, Travel Insured, an experienced company and one of the largest in the industry, through this link.
Is it safe to travel in Israel?v
Can I use my cell phone in Israel?v
What's the weather like in Israel?v
Spring (late March – May): Daytime temperatures are generally very pleasant - around 65-70°F, though it can still be hot in some areas (such as the Dead Sea and Eilat). There is a slight chance of rain, but it doesn't happen often. It can be cooler in the evenings in the North and Jerusalem - approximately 45°F.
Summer (late May - late September): Temperatures are usually in the high 80s-90s. At this time of year, humidity will be highest in Tel Aviv and Tiberias. Other areas such as Jerusalem are drier and cooler, particularly at night. The desert, Masada and Eilat are extremely hot, but dry. It will almost never rain in the summer in Israel!
Fall (late September – November): Same as Spring, but the rain can begin towards the end of the season.
Winter (December - early March): Winter can be mild and sunny, or severe and overcast. There's often heavy rain and, in January and February, even snow at times! Temperatures will be in the 50s-60s most places, but in the 40s in Jerusalem and the Galilee hills, and cold at night. Pack layers and be prepared for anything!
Terms of Payment
Deposit is due immediately to secure the booking.
Balance for the trip is due no later than 60 days prior to the first day of trip. An invoice will be sent 90 days before the trip.
Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions here.
- The itinerary is subject to change as a result of unforeseen changes from suppliers, weather, etc.
- This proposal is valid for 1 week for private clients, and 10 days for groups.
Bookings can be cancelled within 48 hours, with a full refund.
For cancellations made:
- Up to 60 days prior to departure, any payments made above the deposit towards the tour will be refunded. The deposit is non-refundable
- 60 to 30 days prior to departure, 50% of the total tour cost per person will be refunded
- 29 to 8 days prior to departure, 25% of the total tour cost per person will be refunded
- 7 to 0 days prior to departure, the client will incur 100% of the cost of the tour
Should members of a group booking cancel their participation, their deposits cannot be applied to the balance payment of other group members.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing.