Tuesday, July 9
Peripheral Vision-Culture in the Periphery
Choose one option for the day – below or similar
Arad – Living on the Desert’s Edge
- Yonat ha Midbar- Using desert herbs to make natural soap, healing herbs, and natural cosmetic.
- Arad Artists Quarter- meet painters, metalsmiths, sculptors, and glass artist Gideoan Friedman.
- Meet Yaakov Uria of Pinto Winery and learn the magic of wine made from grapes grown in the desert.
- Lunch at Muza with Alon Segal, owner, who is dedicated to encouraging music and creativity in the periphery.
- Participate in a dance workshop at Vertigo Dance Company.
- Kurdish cooking workshop and lunch with Lili Aziz in Zahariya
- Wine tasting at Sphera Winery with a focus on what’s unique to Judean Hills Wines
- Visit Artists studios.
Bethlehem Arts Tour
- Visit the Cremisan Winery which was the first winery to nurture native vines.
- Walk through the Old Market of Bethlehem
- Meet with a local theater group
- Have lunch with local families.
- Visit the new Wonder Cabinet Cultural Center.
- See the Banksy Walled Off Hotel
An Orchestra of Cultures, a Choir of Tastes: An evening of Music and Food in the Jerusalem Hills
- Join together for Maariv
- Shop in our shuk of local artists and food producers
- Experience the pairing of music and food and how they reflect each other
- End with a Performance by the “Melting Pot” Band that we will convene from our musicians together with the Diwan HaLev project, an ensemble that performs traditional music in a free contemporary Israeli style, using original instruments from the Jewish Diaspora.